Thursday, June 12, 2008

There must be 50 ways to leave...

your host mother...

just slip out the back jack,

make a new plan stan,

just hop on the bus guss

and get yourself free...



so i did.


To make a long story short, my ability to speak french was not at a level where I could effectively understand Mme BLONDELLE nor explain myself to her. By the end of the second week I was just seeing too many miscommunications building up between us. So, I've changed families. I'm sure she thinks I moved because of something else, but that just illustrates the problem. My new host family, the LAURMENTS have more experience in hosting foriegn students and so far, it's been really good. A little too good perhaps. I'm so relaxed now I'm having trouble waking up in the morning like I do at home. So... but that's my problem. As those of you who know me so well already know I'm not a morning person. ;)


In other news I've been wondering why my back left side has been spazzing on me. I will just be standing there and then my left hamstring will just spazz for a moment then be fine. I *think* I figured out why today.

At 9:00 AM I climb the stairs to the 3rd floor for class.
At 10 AM I descend the stairs for a break, then climb them again.
At 11 AM repeat what I did at 10 AM
At Noon... descend for lunch. Then... repeat again on Mon., Tues., & Thurs. a few more times for our classes in the afternoon. Yeah... I think the left leg is starting to complain a bit.

No comments: